Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Camping, Finally!


So, we finallllly
 decided to go camping! I was so so super excited! I have wanted to go camping all summer, so we finally got to go! However, we did end up going in September so it was prettttty cold!  We had a ton of fun though! We went up to Payson Lakes, Utah which is like wayyy up the mountains of Mount. Nebo. We were higher than 7,000 feet in Elevation. Yeah, I didn't know that fact before we went. I swear we were like at the top of the mountain! Or atleast, that's what it seemed. So, by the time we go to our campsite....I already needed a sweater. Kinda crazy, I know...but I guess it was only expected. This was Utah we were camping in, rather than Georgia where it stays the same temperature all day and all night long. Not quite the same out west. Anyways, we met up there with Alisha and Mike. It was definitely a good time. They already had camp set up by the time we got there so that was kinda nice. After I got there me and Alisha decided to go buy some firewood. Yea, we ended up spending like 20 bucks on fire wood BUT...it ended up being JUST enough! Alisha and Mike made us some reallly good tin foil dinners. Yea, it took like forever and a day to cook but it was still really good. So we just roasted marshmallows before we ate dinner. A little backward, I know--but heyy we had a good time and it was well worth it. It got soo cold by the time it got dark. I had to put layers on to keep me warm...and well, stay by the fire like the whole night. It was fun though. The night--on the other hand--was another story. 
Whenever I go camping--and it's cold throughout the night, well--it doesn't go over too well. I can NEVER fall asleep when I am cold and camping...and the funny thing is, I really wasn't all that cold. My sleeping back, plus my layers, plus Dustin holding my tight pretty much kept me as warm as I needed to be....but I still didn't fall asleep until like 4 in the morning. And, of course everytime I had to go to the bathroom I made Dustin wake up and walk me there...Poor Dustin. He may have actually gotten a good night sleep if it weren't for me. haha. Anyway--by the time it was morning..well, we all slept i since most of us were up most of the night...it definitely makes such a huge different in temperature when the sun is shining opposed to when it's not. Then amazing, Dustinnnn made us some fabulous camp fire pancakes! ...Ruined the pan in the process, but made us some great breakfast! Then we took a walk down to the Payson Lakes..since we camped at Payson Lakes...we kinda wanted to actually see the Lake. So, that was pretty much Dustin's exploring time...He loves the outdoors! Overall, we really had a great time. The first time we both went camping and now I really look forward to next Summer when we can go camping again!!...and it wont be so cold!! haha





1 comment:

Laura said...

how fun! I want to go camping so badly! I think it will have to wait until next summer though.