Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Georgia on my mind.....

Good news!!

Yep, finally I actually have something exciting to write about. Drum Roll.........

I am finally going to Georgia!!! But, let's not get too excited about that because that's not the best part. The best part is that I am going to Georgia for my Dad's baptism!! This is going to be a very very special weekend! Not only do I get to attend my Dad's baptism, but I also get to attend my nephew's baptism who is finally turning 8! I was fortunate enough to have some reserved money that was enough to get me a trip out there to be there for my Dad on this very special day! I really can't wait and am so so proud of him! Unfortunately, I will be going husbandless. There just wasn't enough funds for the both of us to go, and felt it was too important of a day to turn down the special opportunity. I believe it will be worth every penny even though it will be for a short time! I know Dustin would like to be there just as much and is just as proud but understands the importance that I be there. Sadly, this is the first time I will have ever been away from my hubby so that whole part will be hard! I will definitely miss that boy, but at least I won't be gone for too long!

It's going to be so good to go back home. I am really excited to just be back in Georgia, even if it's only for 3 days. I have just missed everything about it so much lately. The trees, the humidity, the bugs, the HEAT, the lake especially, and well, let's be honest--my family! (And my few Georgia friends that I still have left that are back in Georgia). We weren't sure that we were going to be able to get enough time off this Summer to make it to Georgia and Arizona, so I guess I was blessed to get the chance to go even for a short time! [Even if it's without my hubby]. Anyways, I am SO excited and had to share my excitement with all of you!! There will be pictures and stories to come!!

And yes, this leaves Georgia on my mind.... Can't wait to be back!

No comments: