Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Daddy-Daughter

Soo, I have always had this weird emotional thing towards a relationship between a Daddy and their daughter. Like, everytime I see a movie that shows this touching, emotional bond between the daughter and the dad just comes to me to be soo touching. I dunno, it's kinda strange. Me and my dad haven't always had the best relationship in the world--but it has been almost 100% rekindled within the last 6 months. It's amazing. It was like, from the time I had to tell him I was going to be getting married and having no clue as to what I was going say to him, to me knowing just how incredibly proud he was of me on the actual day I got married. It was like night and day. Throughout the past few years things have just been more difficult for the two of us. I just never used to feel like I could talk to him, and whenever I did talk to him--it would just never turn out the way I wanted it to. I just never felt as close to him as I am with my Mom. Maybe it's because 70% of my life I spent living with my mom and only seeing my Dad on occasion. Throughout that time, I never really realized just how important it is to have a close relationship with your dad. Especially if you are a girl. It's just like, having that relationship and bond with your Dad, makes things feel so much more secure. Makes you feel so much more loved. I was always so insecure about little petty things, and I think a lot of it had to do with the fact that I didn't have much of a relationship with my Dad. It is just so good to know that I have that relationship and bond with him back. I never realized just how much I missed him until everything came back together again. It is so great to just know and feel the love that a Father gives you. I am so grateful for the Father that I have. He has done so much for me and Dustin and has helped us in so many more ways than one. It is just so great to know that I can just call up my Dad to tell him hi, instead of just calling him whenever I needed to talk to him. Now, it's out of choice, and love. It just seems like life was so much harder not having him close to me. Made everything else in the world just seem so much worse than it really was. I am just so glad and grateful to have the Father in which I have. He is so great, and I was just so happy to see how proud he was of me on my wedding day. Having a relationship and a bond with your Dad, I think, is one of the most important things in this world, and I am so incredibly grateful that I have that relationship with him back.

1 comment:

GAFlyGirl said...

Awww. yeah Dad loves us.